Join Our Team
We’re looking for smart, kind, and reliable individuals with a desire to teach and learn.
Is that you?
Teachers and Learners Welcome
Teaching and learning are at the core of everything we do. Whether it’s through one-on-one coaching, pairing with your partner, or the next meeting of Machine Learning club, we’re all about sharing our knowledge and honing our skills.
- Microlearn: Demystifying Webpack for Better Front-End Builds
- Blog: “3 Takeaways from Alexa Dev Day” by Guy Tonye
- Meetup: Toronto Android Developers
- Lunch & Learn: The Ins and Outs of Media Streaming and Cryptocurrency Mining
- Microlearn: Creative Coding 101
- Blog: “Card Games for Smart Cities” by Marc de Pape
- Roundtable Discussion: The Pros and Cons of Rapid Growth
- Microlearn: Parallel Processing with Data Sets
- Meetup: Voice Tech TO #3: Build Your First Alexa Skill
- Microlearn: Hypothesis-Driven Validation
Power to the People
No one at Connected Lab is just here to execute. From quarterly eNPS surveys to the Make It Better suggestion form, there are ample opportunities for you to throw out ideas and run with them. Voice Tech TO, Mindful Meditation, and the Diversity Committee are just some of the groups our team members got started on their own. Our people define our culture—not the other way around.
“At Connected Lab, whatever initiative you want to spin out, as long as it matches the company goals or your individual development goals, you’ll get the support you need to make it happen.”
“It’s exciting to work at a company that isn’t afraid to explore new technologies and try new things. If we don’t have the specific skill sets initially, we can start researching them and building them up, starting on a small internal project and learning from that. The focus on teaching and learning at Connected really helps foster that culture of exploration into these new areas.”
“Working on a variety of projects is cool because it gives you the opportunity to learn about different technologies and frameworks. You also get to work with different teams and companies, and that helps you grow in an interpersonal kind of way. That’s one of the key benefits for me.”
True Product Impact
At Connected, we are privileged to work on a wide range of products with a number of globally recognized brands. These products are core to our clients’ businesses, exist at the forefront of technology, and reach millions of people. They enable our engineers, designers, and product managers to become masters of their craft. Are you ready to build better?
Run into the Spike
Tackle the big problems first.
Flat and Fearless
Your opinions matter. Make them heard!
Not Who’s Right
We battle for the best ideas, not personal victories.
Pair It Forward
Pairing pays off. Invest in it.
Quality over Quantity
Build one amazing feature instead of two mediocre ones.
We ship early, often, and predictably.
Rapid growth can be stressful, tiring, and exciting. Get used to it! Get good at it!
Apprenticeship and Mastery
Teachers and learners welcome.
We’re looking for passionate technologists eager to make a difference. Apply today!
For the second year in a row, Connected Lab has been selected as one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers. We’re honoured.Read the full story
- 100% employee owned, with stock option grants for all full-time permanent employees
- 4 weeks vacation
- Extended health benefits
- Generous maternity benefits and parental leave
- $1,000 annual education credit
- $200 annual fitness credit
- Gym membership discount
- Professional development program
- Pet friendly
- 9–5 office hours
- Proudly located in downtown Toronto
- Weekly catered socials
- Recreational sports teams
- Ping-pong, pool, darts, chess, video games, board games
- Prayer and meditation room
- Frequent lunch and learns, microlearns, meetups, hackathons
- Weekly catered roundtable discussion groups
- Thrice-yearly “Disconnects” to get out of the office and unwind as a team
- Annual canoe trip in Algonquin Park
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, fresh fruit, drinks, and coffee
Equal Employment Opportunity
Connected Lab is committed to the elimination of organizational structures and actions that oppress, exclude, hinder, or otherwise discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, or financial ability. We strive to foster a diverse, welcoming community, and are committed to equal employment opportunities in our recruiting, hiring, employee development, and promotion practices.